Membership is open to USC undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni. You do not have to have any previous experience or own any equipment to join, and your first two practices are FREE.
Access to equipment – 16 hours of practice time per week – Collegiate Joint Practices – USA Archery Certification – Access to the Pasadena Roving Archers (PRA) and the Rancho Park Archery Range – Vendor Discounts
- Access to equipment – access to club equipment is included in membership dues. This allows you to start shooting immediately and to experiment with different types of equipment before purchasing to your own set (at your own pace).
- 16 hours of practice time – 6 hours of open practice on campus each week and 10 hours of off-campus practice for members preparing for the competitive season.
- Collegiate Joint Practices – occasionally, Trojan Archery will schedule a weekend joint practice with other collegiate archery clubs in Southern California. In the past this has included the UCSD Sun God Archery Club in San Diego. These practices provide a greater sense of community and create a nurturing environment, drawing from the experience of both clubs.
- Local, Regional, and National Competitions – Trojan Archery is deeply rooted in a culture of competition. Members interested may join the competitive team, which travels to different parts of California and the nation to compete against other universities on several different levels of competition. This is open to all members regardless of experience or skill. Talk to an officer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in representing USC.
- USA Archery Certification– our coaches and instructors have completed rigorous training in a nationally recognized program offered by USA Archery. Of the five levels of certification, our Head Coach, Terri, has Level 4 certification and our Assistant Coach, Jim, has Level 3 certification. There are fewer than 200 Level 4 coaches in the nation! Our members have access to basic levels of certification. Some of our archers have completed up to Level 2 certification to host practice sessions and train other archers for basic certification.
- Access to the Pasadena Roving Archers – our members have access to a college discount for additional membership to the PRA, which gives you greater access to the range for personal practice time, as well as to a number of competitions and classes held on a weekly basis.
- Access to the Rancho Park Archery Range – Trojan Archery has reserved additional team practice time in this dedicated space on Tuesdays and Thursday. Speak to an officer for more information about accessing this range.
- Vendor Discounts – we extend our Lancaster Archery discount to our members for equipment; speak to an officer for more details. We also subsidize competition and certification fees.
- Membership Package – stretch band, curriculum cards, archery themed pins, and club T-shirts; everything you need to proudly rep your status as a card carrying member of Trojan Archery and shoot on!
Club Membership Dues
Dues cover equipment costs, practice space, lessons from certified instructors, and access to our vendor discounts.
You can pay for a single semester ($100.00), or for the academic year ($150.00). You are expected to pay dues at your third archery practice.
The club accepts cash or check made out to Trojan Archery. There are ATMs conveniently located outside of the Student Union, just a short walk from our PED practice space.
Becoming a Team Member gives you access to advanced guidance from our certified coaches, team practice time, competition eligibility, and subsidized competition registration fees. Speak with one of our officers about your interest in becoming a team member. You may attend one team practice for free! Team members must be Collegiate members of USA Archery.
Competitions range in difficulty and style of archery. You do not have to participate in all competitions to join the team. Our Team Captain and Head Coach will decide whether team members are prepared for a competition based on form consistency and minimum scores relative to the level of competition.
Our team aims to compete at several tournaments per year, so there are many opportunities to show off your skills! As of now, registration fees are subsidized for the club, carpools are arranged for transportation, and lodging is divided among members of the team.